What’s in it for you?

Students will have direct accesses to a positive BME role models who will not only help students but also share their experiences, journeys and tips. We hope that students who participate will feel more comfortable talking to our carefully selected members of staff. We know how important it is for students to feel supported and find staff approachable in order for them to excel and reach their full potential.

3 group mentoring sessions with one 1-2-1 with a mentor in your faculty over the academic year.

Learn about careers, internship and development opportunities.

Meet and work with like-minded students.

Help us to make King’s better by giving feedback to your faculty in a safe and supportive environment.

Exclusive workshops to help you build your confidence, wellbeing and identity at university.

Not sure what Black & Minority Ethnic or People of Colour means? Find out here. 

What our mentees said last year….

‘I thought the scheme was really important because we were able to air issues that were under the surface and that we wouldn’t have been able to process if it wasn’t for the mentoring. It was also great because you got to meet and become friends with people that have similar experiences and we could also talk in confidence which was so great.’

‘In terms of what I wished I gained out of it, I just wish I had more!’

‘If I knew all the information and talked about feelings of isolation at university earlier on, my experience would have been even more amazing from the beginning!’

‘It was great to see ethnic minorities in positions of power’

‘It was really helpful to discuss and explore racial issues encountered at a mainly white institution with peers, I feel like a gained a lot’

What are you waiting for apply now !