This is the Web Site for the American artist Alfred Cohen, who lived in Chicago until 1949, Europe (mainly Paris) until 1960, and in England from then until his death in 2001. It combines information about his life and work with a virtual gallery covering the major phases of his painting.
From 1978 Cohen lived and worked at the School House, Wighton, in North Norfolk. The School House Gallery is now the home of the Alfred Cohen Art Foundation, and permanently exhibits varying selections of his work. Some of his prints are also available there for sale.
1000+ visitors see major new Alfred Cohen Exhibition featuring as part of the 2016 King’s Lynn Festival, 18-30 July.
To see a VIRTUAL GALLERY of Alfred Cohen’s work, please click on the image below:
- Brief Illustrated Biographical Outline
- List of Major Exhibitions
- The School House Gallery
- The Alfred Cohen Art Foundation
- Public Collections with Cohen’s Work
- What Critics Have Said about the Work
- Select Bibliography
- If you own any Cohen paintings
- Prints available
- Virtual gallery – Paintings
- Virtual gallery – Drawings
- If you can give us further information
All images © Estate of Alfred Cohen, 2002