Please submit proposals, along with a brief CV and email address for each participant, to email@example.com by the deadline of 1 October 2017.
4 – 7 April 2018
King’s College London, University College London, and the British Library
Proposals are welcomed on any subject in American Studies. The overarching themes for the conference are ENVIRONMENT, PLACE and PROTEST, and we particularly welcome submissions in these areas, broadly defined. The conference will also be an opportunity to reflect on the fiftieth anniversary of the turbulent events of 1968 and their impact on the United States, and Europe.
Please note the following:
- Given the size and scope of the conference, we will give preference to fully formed panel proposals, but will also accept individual paper proposals where possible.
- All sessions at the conference will be a maximum of 1 hour 30 minutes. Proposals for panels should therefore consist of no more than three speakers, or, if more speakers are desired, should be conceived as roundtable discussions.
- All individual paper proposals should be for 20-minute presentations.
- BAAS and EAAS are dedicated to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage and will give preference to panels that reflect the diversity of our field in terms of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and institutional affiliation. All-male panel proposals will not be accepted.
- Equipment for the projection of PowerPoint presentations will be available in all rooms.
Paper proposals should be 250 words maximum, including a title. Panel proposals should include a 250-word abstract for each constituent paper as well as an abstract of no more than 250 words describing the panel session as a whole. Please submit proposals, along with a brief CV and email address for each participant, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of 1 October 2017.