The decision to build up this blog to narrate my experience as research fellow, did not really considered the fact that I have never been a blogger before, nor paid much attention to blogs in general.
In order to speed up with my research work, I have directed most of my time towards my research project so far, thus leaving little or nothing for my blog activity (yes, I still have the bad habit of sleeping at night, although I am surviving well with little or no social activity!).
So, even if the majority of the posts were written shortly after the situation described, they now sound mainly as a retrospective history of what I have been doing so far.
It is mandatory, therefore, to apology with you my readers (many I hope), for this delayed start: slowly, I will catch up with all the things I have done/learnt transforming this sort of past agenda in a real time event.
[Don’t tell anyone, but I am still trying to understand how the blog platform works ]
As I was anticipating in other posts, I had previously stepped into glucose metabolism almost by accident and long time before committing to this research experience. I had worked only partially with pancreatic physiological models. I was not proficient in the techniques to be used, but I did possess the knowhow of what I was going to apply.
So, developing new competencies is exactly how I have spent my first 6-8months…
I don’t want to make the story long describing all the readings I had to do and listing every single method I had to learn, apply or simply revisit…but I feel mandatory to share with you a couple of techniques that are important pillars of my research project…so take this as a little preview of what is coming up in future posts!