Learning is becoming: dynamic, real-time, social, mobile, local, fluid, peer to peer, gamified. The future will require more resilience. “The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read or write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.” – Alvin Toffler.
Teachers are filters for the current information tsunami. “The problem is not really information overload, but filter failure.” – Clay Shirky. Abundance is inevitable, therefore curation, context and interface becomes crucial.
Tools like the ones below are redefining the relationships between us and data/information, teachers and learners, work and play and enabling the re-imagination of education as interactive / online / accessible / ubiquitous.
- Over 2,000 tools for learning and working in education and the workplace LINK
- 20 Must-Have Educational Resources For All Teachers LINK
- Screenr web-based screen recorder LINK
- Sculptris is a 3D sculpting software LINK
- 12 Tech Tools That Will Transform The Way You Teach! LINK
- 20 tools tagged “learning” LINK
- Artistifier: Create and exploit silent movies for language practice LINK
- 10 Stress Free Tools to Broadcast Your Event LINK
- Wordle can generate “word clouds” from text that you provide. LINK
- 52 Google Docs secrets for students LINK
- 21 Time-Saving Chrome Extensions for Students LINK
- QR codes brought awesomeness to my classroom LINK
The 35 Best Web 2.0 Classroom Tools Chosen By You LINK